Friday, May 29, 2009

Old Standby: My Linh



My dinner plans to go to Casa Dominicana with a friend deflated over yesterday afternoon, so I decided to change altogether and go to My Linh. I'm not sure that I've ever had a bad meal there.


Last night's appetizer was the Banh Beo - delicate rice flour cakes with shredded pork and shrimp powder and a complex sauce. The main dish was Banh Tam Do Bien, a lovely blend of fresh and cooked ingredients: shrimp, scallops, onions and noodles cooked; mint, lettuce, and sprouts fresh. And the tangy firey sauce overall was a very fitting addition.

I stopped at Luigi's deli a couple doors over on Delaware Ave, and enjoyed the whole ambiance once again. I got the roast beef, the roast pork, sausage and some tomatoes. It's not that their wares are very different from any other of the dozens of neighborhood Italian delis in the capital region. I just like the guys and their little shop. Maybe it's all the stuff hanging from the ceiling.

No comments: