Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Bread and Honey



On Madison Ave, tucked in the little block of business after the eastern most edge of the College of St. Rose, this little bagel shop is producing delicious bagels, pretzels and breads along with their logical extensions.


The modest size of the room and the selections is a shock at first for those who are used to overblown American business with too much going on.  This is more like a serene little space to enjoy without overdoing it. Nothing is too much, which makes it almost like a haven. The grays and browns of the interior add coziness to the dining area, where 5 tables allow for a leisurely absorption of bready goodness. There is also wifi if you want to do your social networking while munching lovely bagels. The huge windows into the kitchen are one of my favorite features because I love looking into all the machinery that makes food happen.

I've visited several times to make sure that the very good bagel taste is consistent and for real and it is!  I'm sure I'll visit to get to the other offerings as time goes by.  They serve Gimme! Coffee and a selection of juices and yogurts. Soups and sandwiches appear for lunch.

When I was there on a Sunday morning there was a brisk takeout business as well as a full house sitting at the tables and there were many comments about the good quality of what was being served.

The first couple times I wondered if the staff was a little more concerned with everything else but the customers, but they seem to be growing out of that and have moved on to a bit more responsive attitude as people enter the space and make their choices of food and drink.

Lorre Bob sez: check it out!

Like their Facebook page to keep up on developments.
Get the background from All Over Albany .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Admiring the hard work you put into your website and detailed information you present.
It's good to come across a blog every once in a while that isn't
the same oldd rehashed material. Exceklent read! I've saved
yyour site and I'm adding your RSS feeds to my Google account.



my webpage; tinnitus one ear

LorreS said...

Thanks! It's great to get any comments, but good comments make my day.